Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Guest Post - The Rustic Pig

I am beyond thrilled to be guest posting here today! Thank you so much to Denyse for giving me the opportunity to stop in and share a little about me and my blog, The Rustic Pig.

 A little about me... my name is Claire, and for the past 13 years I was a teacher. That was until we moved back home to San Antonio this past summer and the school year started without me. I have never been a stay-at-home mom. In fact, every summer I kept busy trying to find something to do! This means I have tried almost every home business out there.

 No... really... EVERY one!

So, I wasn't about to try that again, but I needed to do something! But what?? Well, my life changed when I found 25 antique windows for sale on Craigslist. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I knew they would keep me busy. I decided to blog about each window I did and that was when The Rustic Pig was born.
  windowcollage 

 I learned a lot through those 25 windows, and decided to try my hand at painting furniture. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this new adventure, so finding free or next to free furniture was a must! When a friend of my husband's offered to give us an old antique dresser, I was thrilled! Until we brought it home. The drawers were in perfect condition, but the dresser frame was not repairable. The thought of throwing the dresser away made me sick. So I thought and thought about how I could salvage the drawers, and came up with an idea that has been one of my popular posts by far! A drawer pillow holder...

  smallerdrawer  

 I eventually started doing local craft shows. From the money I made selling my windows and drawers, I bought furniture. Here are just a few of my favorite pieces...

furniturecollage

Instead of craft shows, I now sell my furniture in a fun store on Main Street in Boerne, TX. I could have never dreamed those 25 windows would have turned into the little business I own today. I am beyond blessed to not only be able to do what I love, but I also get to meet amazing bloggers like Denyse every day!

 So, Denyse, thanks again! Love ya girl!!

  me3    

Hugs!!!

Claire

 

http://www.therusticpig.com

4 comments:

  1. AWWW. She's so sweet! Going to visit now!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw this was a great post!!! thanks for having her guest post!

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
    http://infinitelifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine going from 25 old windows to where you are now! Way to go, and I have to say, your work is beautiful. I imagine your store is quite popular.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Nice to read this blog and your completer website is awesome.
    Thanks for sharing this blog with me!!
    Dating Coach For Men

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved