Monday, December 19, 2011

Beginning to look alot like Christmas!!!

It's a WEEK until Christmas and I am NO where near ready!!!

If I could just have a remote control for life I would have to hit that rewind button...But, needless to say I did get a little decorating done with the help of my hubby...Actually he pulled everything out and I had no choice but to decorate...LOL

Since we downsized this year I didn't put a lot of decorations out...It's that claustrophobic thing!!

Some come on in to my home!!

I live in the south and it really wasn't snowing...Love Picasa ;-)

My problem was finding a spot for the tree in our cozy lil home...and after much deliberating (about a month) I believe this was my only option... Now I have to decorate the WHOLE Tree if it sits here...you can see it from the front entrance and the living room...

Breathe, Denyse!!! You got this!!
(Yep I talk to myself all the time and proud of it)


This involved finding a temporary home for an end table, a plant and sliding the love seat down...All this for a tree!! Stressed me out!!!

Now at this point we hope the tree fits...

Perfect!!!!

I guess it's time to get it decorated (It sat like this for 3 days) I know I know...Some days I do need a swift kick right in the back side!!



BEAUTIFUL!!

Here are a few of my favorite things..

My angel sits atop the tree watching over us!!!


The stockings are hung by the chimney with care!!


My "Willow Tree" Nativity seen (Christmas gift from hubby 2 yrs ago) is all snuggled under the tree...


Every year I try to pick up a new ornament...I got these cute lil sparklers at Kohl's for $1.49 a piece...I call that a Christmas jackpot!!!


Added some snowman cheer!!


And, it wouldn't be Christmas without "Santa"...I love my old time Santa's...Here are a few of my favorites...

My decorative holiday throw pillows and blankets...


This one sits in a rocker that my daughter who is going to be 26 sat in when she was 2...and he rocks by the fireplace!!


And, this Santa hangs by the front door and annoys the hubby...It plays Christmas music every time you walk past it...(I only annoyed him for a few hours with it than shut it off...lol)


Speaking of hubby...I bet you didn't know I was married to a DIY'er (Well neither did I)...I came home to a wreath hanging on my front door (WE DON"T HAVE A WREATH)...I was like "What the heck, you seriously went and bought a wreath...WE have no extra money"..

Well let me step back because hubby found the plain wreath with our Christmas stuff and added lights and found a bag of Christmas decor and decorated the wreath himself...

YES!! I was literally speechless!!


Don't mess with my hubby!!!
(makes me laugh every time I look at it)

We went from this to this!!



Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, you won't find it under a tree." 
~ Charlotte Carpenter.


I hoped you enjoyed the tour into my home!!

From "Our Family" to "Yours"


"Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year"

 

6 comments:

  1. Christmas just warms everything up, doesn't it? Love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am impressed with your hubby's wreath! That is awesome! I have the Willow Tree nativity. Love it.

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...looks really pretty and I love all white lights! Wait until you see the redneck tree that I'm putting up in the hotel...lmao
    Funny that Chris made the wreath! Looks wondeful and I'm sure your kids really appreciate the holiday decor...it really makes Christmas feel like Christmas ;}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! I'm now a follower from the Made in a Day Hop! I hope you will stop by Swanky Baby and follow us too!

    Swanky Baby
    http://swankybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking me on your Christmas House Tour!!! I love everything, especially that beautiful nativity scene! I'm so glad you joined Overflowing with Creativity Linky Party!!! Your home is beautiful and so is your blog!!! Glad we're bloggy friends! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

    XO,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful decorations! Love the tree! Thanks so much for sharing at our Countdown to Christmas link party! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved