Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Don't Build Me A Bridge...

Build me a PERGOLA instead....

When I talked to a dear friend of mine and he offered to design and build a pergola for me I was just ecstatic...I couldn't tell you how many gazebos w/canopies we have bought and the weather has destroyed...Talk about being ticked off...Well this year I didn't want a gazebo w/canopy...I want to build me a Pergola...

I have the perfect place for a pergola...Don't you think???


I can seeeee it already!!!


With the help of a dear friend (Lou) we got started...Lou sent me a materials list and off to Lowe's I went...Once it was delivered we got started...well not really "WE" but I did help....some....

I definitely didn't help dig those holes for the posts...I don't know where you live but in the South we have red clay for dirt....it is definitely not easy to dig a hole in...

Once the holes were dug it was time to set the posts and make sure they were all level....This is where I did help...I got to operate the "POWER TOOL"...look out...(hint: don't push the nail gun with your knees..OUCH)...but it was so fun....

YES!!! That gun was about as heavy as I am...but it was soo cool...I think I want one...(that wouldn't be good)...LOL

Now that the poles are all level we poured the cement (I got to add water...hehe)...and now we just have to wait a few days for them to set...


Lou drew out the scalloped edges of the top boards...he cut them out...sanded them...I just love the design...


Now it's time to add them to the posts...

SCREAMING with excitement....luvvvv luvvv luvvv it!!!!

There is more cutting...and more building going on....I can't even contain my excitement...

Almost done....I'm like a little kid on Christmas Day....

and here ya have it...Are ya ready???
(screaming)...
I CRAZY LOVE IT!!!

I have so many great things in mind to do with my new PERGOLA...
Now off to the store to get a few things....


Come back to see the "Oasis"...

WHAT HAVE YOU BUILT OR HAD BUILT THAT EXCITES YOU???

2 comments:

  1. HoW exiting! I've been wanting to fix up my yard so bad! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.LOVE.THIS!!! Awesome job, so inspiring...maybe we'll finally try it! :)

    www.iheartmygluegun.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved